Ohh yah! I said it!
I had the most healthiest lunch today, it was Friday of course! So I decided to continue on and make this delicious vegetable grilled sandwich for dinner! I made two different ones for the occasion. I chose to top mine with avocado and made my boyfriend a cheesy mushroom melt!
- 4 slices of thick bread
- 1/2 Red pepper
- 1/2 Avocado
- 3 mushrooms
- Green leaf lettuce or spinach
- Salt & trans fat free margarine
- 1/2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- Dash of pepper
- 6 slices of brick Marble cheese
- 1/2 cup of goat cheese
Makes 2 servings
Get your grill on.. the stove top:
1 mushroom melt and one avocado grilled sandwich.
- In a large pan, heat oil and pepper
- Wash and cut up mushrooms and red pepper
- Add to pan and saute peppers unit they are soft and mushrooms are golden brown
- While the vegetables are grilling, cut up half of the avocado and lettuce (or spinach)
- Remove vegetables from pan and let sit for a few minutes
- Wipe pan clean with paper towel
- Butter one side of each piece of bread
- Place bread – butter side down onto pan, top one slice of bread with 3 slices of marble cheese, 1/4 cup of goat cheese, and red peppers
- On another slice, top with 3 slices of marble cheese, mushrooms, 1/4 cup of goat cheese and red peppers
- Grill all 4 slices until golden brown, and the marble cheese has melted
- Remove from heat, and top the mushroom melt with lettuce, the other with avocado and lettuce!
- Place the other grilled bread slices on top and enjoy!
*These instructions are guidelines only. Cooking times and oven temperatures may vary*